Events are globally important in social and economic terms, are increasingly viewed as an essential sector of tourism, and are crucial in destination marketing. There are many cities including Kigali that target the events sector and many venues where events are produced. This course therefore provides a comprehensive overview of events management, covering all types of event destinations, venues and operations. Specific attention is paid to the analysis, management and monitoring of the economic and tourism benefits of the events sector.
· Identifying the nature and significance of events in the context of destination management and tourism.
· Analyzing the scope and potential of the events sector
· Appraisal of the relevant research, case studies and literature on event management.
· Developing and practice management and administrative skills
· Reorganizing the role of event management in today’s business and society